Skip links

Pub and Bar Insurance

Pub, Public House & Bar Insurance

As insurance brokers, IC Insurance does all the hard work for you, so let us take care of your insurance needs.You don’t have to worry about anything – we’ll search all companies to find the best quote and provide you with affordable insurance cover on our vast portfolio of products.

Our process is also quick and straightforward and offers you handpicked insurance policies you can trust.

To request a quote, send us your details and we’ll come back to you within 24 hours on business days.

If you don’t have time to wait, you can always call us on 01204 565600 during office hours.

    This form collects your name, renewal date & phone number so that we can communicate with you and provide assistance. Please check our Privacy Policy to see what we'll do with your information.

    Comprehensive Pub Insurance Coverage

    Running a pub or wine bar is rewarding yet challenging. There are countless risks that your business faces on a day to day basis including accidents, theft and property damage.

    Running a pub, bar, public house or a wine bar is rewarding but challenging, as your business faces many risks on a day-to-day basis, including accidents, theft and property damage.

    Since most of these risks are unique to pubs, wine bars and taverns, bar owners require specialised pub insurance packages that secure their investment and protect their businesses against any eventualities.

    At IC Insurance Solutions, our wine bar insurance brokers have an in-depth understanding of the specific challenges faced by the brewery industry in the United Kingdom. Our experience in the insurance sector has also enabled us to form lasting relationships with leading bar insurance companies in the UK.

    That is how we can bring you bespoke pub wholesalers and bar insurance packages that safeguard your pub, bar or public house business by comprehensively covering it.

    Request a Quote
    A group of friends drinking stood next to a pool table in a pub

    What Risks are Covered with Bar, Tavern or Public House Insurance?

    Here are some of the common risks and claims associated with running a bar, tavern or public house:

    Injuries and Accidents

    You can be held liable if any of your employees or customers suffer an injury on your premise.

    Because you are serving alcohol, you will frequently be in contact with inebriated customers. The chances of injuries and accidents increase because there is a higher risk of people tripping or falling.

    The same goes for your employees. In addition to potential injuries and accidents, they also face several occupational hazards on a day-to-day basis.

    Floods and Storms

    Erratic weather patterns and climate change have made the threat of floods and storms very real for UK businesses.

    According to a survey conducted by the Federation of Small Businesses, in the aftermath of 2015 winter floods, almost two-thirds of small to medium enterprises reported being hit by severe weather conditions in the past 3 years.

    Floods and storms can be disruptive, if not devastating, for businesses. According to another report published by the Environmental Agency, the total economic damage from 2015-16 winter floods was estimated to be between £1.3 billion and £1.9 billion.

    Loss of Alcohol Licence

    The pub industry in the UK is highly regulated. You could lose your alcohol licence or get fined, even if you are not at fault and circumstances are beyond your control.


    Electrical fires are common in nightclubs and bars due to different types of lighting and wiring. If your pub serves food as well, you could face the additional risk of cooking fires.

    Spoiled Goods

    This insurance covers for frozen items spoiling as the result of a broken freezer or a major power breakdown.

    Theft and Vandalism

    This policy protects you in case your establishment suffers a break-in or is vandalised by an employee or another party. Theft can cause a huge financial loss, and vandalism usually results in damage to property.

    What is Bar, Public House & Pub Insurance?

    Pub and bar insurance, also known as wine bar insurance or public house insurance, is a specialised form of business insurance designed to insure against the specific risks licensed bar owners or publicans face. Pub and bar insurance packages typically cover business contents, inventory, employees and customers.

    At IC Insurance, we go a step farther by creating flexible wine bar insurance packages that are tailored to your establishment’s needs and requirements.

    So, whether you own a classy wine bar, a cocktail bar, a traditional pub or a local tavern, you will find adequate and comprehensive cover with us.

    What Does Bar & Pub Insurance Cover?

    Our key covers include:

    Full Contents’ Cover

    Insurance for the contents of your establishment, including furniture, electronic equipment, kitchen appliances and cash registers on an old-for-a-new basis.

    Stock Cover

    An all-round cover for your inventory, including valuable spirits, beers, wine and food stock.

    Products’ Liability

    Your customers can sue you if the drinks or food you serve to them leads to sickness or injury.

    Products’ liability insurance covers your legal defence costs, such as legal fees and compensation you may be required to pay to the injured party.

    Employers’ Liability

    In the UK, employers’ liability insurance is obligatory for commercial enterprises that employ one or more individuals.

    This insurance covers you against the claims brought against you by employees who suffer an injury or loss on your premise.

    Public Liability

    You are liable if a customer or member of the public suffers from an injury or an accident while on your premises.

    Public liability insurance covers you by reimbursing you for your legal defence costs as well as the compensation you might be required to pay to the claimant.

    Fidelity Cover

    A fidelity policy covers you against loss resulting from an act of forgery, fraud, theft or dishonesty from an employee. This loss can either be money or assets, including your goods.

    Business Interruption

    Business interruption, also known as business income insurance, covers the financial loss caused by a pre-insured event that disrupts your business and keeps your pub or bar from opening.

    Business interruption cover is essential for breweries and alcohol-serving establishments because it keeps them stable enough to deal with outstanding expenditure such as wages, bills, bank loans and mortgages during an unforeseen closure.

    Loss of Licence Cover

    An alcohol licence is required to serve alcohol on your premise. Losing the licence can disrupt your business activities.

    Loss of licence financially covers you against the consequences of having your licence revoked or suspended.

    Optional Pub Or Bar Insurance Extras

    At IC Insurance, we believe that no two establishments are the same. The sort of risks you face depend on the scale of your business, your core operations, your circumstances and the nature of your business.

    That is why we offer the following optional covers:


    A building insurance policy specifically covers any damage to the building. Building insurance is important if you own the premise your pub is built on.

    Glass Cover

    A cover that repays you in case any glass installations and sanitary ware in your pub are damaged. Covered facilities include shop front, signboards and glass windows.

    Legal Cover

    Legal insurance covers the legal costs of defending your business against lawsuits and legal actions that are not covered by public, employee or products’ liability insurance; for instance, proceedings in an employment tribunal.

    Money Cover

    Provides financial cover in case money is stolen from your establishment or while it’s in transit to or from your bank.

    Request a Pub and Bar Insurance Quote

    About IC Insurance

    IC Insurance Solutions is an expert insurance intermediary with a passionate team comprising of experienced insurance experts and seasoned brokers. We know the market inside out, and our strong partnership with insurance providers enables us to provide comprehensive coverage at a competitive price.

    To learn more about our products or to get a free quotation, contact our specialist advisors right away on +441204565600 or email us on

      This form collects your name, renewal date & phone number so that we can communicate with you and provide assistance. Please check our Privacy Policy to see what we'll do with your information.