Goods In Transit Cover

GIT Insurance

As insurance brokers, IC Insurance does all the hard work for you, so let us take care of your insurance needs. You don’t have to worry about anything – we’ll search all companies to find the best quote and provide you with affordable insurance cover on our vast portfolio of products. Our process is also quick and straightforward and offers you handpicked insurance policies you can trust. To request a Goods in Transit quote, send us your details and we’ll come back to you within 24 hours on business days.
If you don't have time 
to wait give us a call today
Request a quote

What is goods in transit cover (GIT)?

At IC Insurance, we specialise in insurance for couriers and hauliers.

Goods in transit insurance, sometimes referred to as GIT insurance or freight liability insurance, covers goods against loss or damage while being moved from one place to another. It provides cover for goods being carried by individuals in their own vehicles, self-employed drivers or contractors or by third party carriers. As the name suggests it covers the goods in transit, while they are being taken from one location to another, not while they are in depots or awaiting collection.

Do I need goods in Transit Cover?

While there is no legal requirement to have goods in transit insurance cover, it must be viewed as an important aspect of your insurance as items can be stolen, broken or lost while on the move. Any business that offers removal services, courier services or delivery services should consider GIT cover because of this. Some of our other covers include Goods in Transit cover as standard, therefore you will find that it can be included within our ice cream van insurance, HGV and Truck insurance, courier insurance and more.

delivering goods in europe and CMR Insurnace

CMR insurance is a legal requirement for UK couriers and hauliers carrying goods within any of the EU states which have signed up to the CMR convention. CMR is an international agreement that contains the rights and obligations of parties involved in road transport: the shipper, carrier, and addressee. As specialist goods in transit insurance brokers, IC Insurance can look for the best level of GIT Insurance for you and your business, which includes CMR insurance should it be a requirement. Get in touch with the term today to find the best policy to suit your needs.

Request Goods In Transit Insurance Quote

To obtain a competitive quotation for your goods in transit insurance, contact our office today on 01204 323665.
To request a quote, send us your details and we’ll come back to you within 24 hours on business days.
Main Contact Form
This form collects your name, renewal date & phone number so that we can communicate with you and provide assistance.
Please check our Privacy Policy to see what we'll do with your information.

years of expertise

Putting the customer first is at the heart of everything we do here at IC Insurance Solutions

Using our expertise and market awareness we are commited to solving our clients insurance needs by helping them to quantify and manage the risks to their business in the most effective way. Helping clients navigate the insurance market to find the right policy to protect their business at a competitve premium.
Read more
We are proud to announce that we have been awarded the winning position of commercial lines broker at the UK National Insurance Awards 2023.

The National Insurance Awards is widely considered to be one of the most prestigious events in the insurance industry, and this achievement is a testament to the hard work and dedication of everyone here at IC Insurance.
We are a team of experienced insurance
brokers working together with our customers to understand and fulfil their insurance needs.
© Copyright 2024. Independent Connections Ltd. All rights reserved IC Insurance Solutions is a trading style of Independent Connections Ltd authorised by the financial conduct authority, firm ref number 547989 / registered in england and wales no. 7009858,  Caroline House, 125 Bradshawgate, Bolton, United Kingdom BL2 1BJ
Designed, Promoted and Powered by 
SQ Digital
menu linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram