Free Quote Call US Flag +441204540897 or Email Us on
Free Quote Call US Flag +441204540897 or Email Us on

Goods in Transit


We specialise in insurance for couriers and hauliers.

What is goods in transit cover (git)?

Goods in transit insurance, sometimes referred to as git, covers goods against loss or damage while being moved from one place to another.
It provides cover for goods being carried by individuals in their own vehicles, self-employed drivers or contractors or by third party carriers.
Do I need goods in transit cover?
While there is no legal requirement to have goods in transit insurance cover, it must be viewed as an important aspect of your insurance as items can be stolen, broken or lost while on the move,

What is CMR?

CMR insurance is a legal requirement for UK couriers and hauliers carrying goods within any of the EU states which have signed up to the CMR convention.
CMR is an international agreement that contains the rights and obligations of parties involved in road transport: the shipper, carrier, and addressee.

To obtain a competitive quotation for your goods in transit insurance, contact our office today on 01204 540 897.

Post a comment