Do I need professional indemnity insurance?
You need professional indemnity insurance if you:
- Provide expertise, skills or advice
- Hold clients’ confidential information
- Produce materials that could infringe intellectual property rights
- Provide a professional service.
What cover is provided by professional indemnity insurance?
- Negligence or breach of duty: should you fail in a duty of care to your customers, giving incorrect advice or making a mistake in your work.
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyright, trademarks or moral rights.
- Defamation: libel or slanderous statements about a person or organisation.
- Breach of confidence: sharing confidential or sensitive information without consent.
- Court attendance: the costs to you of your directors or employees attending court in relation to a covered claim
- Advertising: mistakes such as making a misstatement.
- Sub-contractors and outsourcers: work undertaken on your behalf is treated as if it was done by you
- Dishonesty of your partners, directors, employees, sub-contractors, and outsourcers – claims made against you and your own direct financial losses
To obtain a competitive quotation for your professional indemnity insurance, contact our office today on 01204 540 897.